Sunday, January 30, 2011

Book Review: Never Been Kissed by Melody Carlson/4 Stars

About the book:

New School = New Chance for That First Kiss

Summer is ending, and for once that doesn't seem like such a bad thing to Elise. She's hoping that starting fresh at a new high school will turn her first-kiss prospects around. New guys, new friends, and a new lease on life.

What she wasn't counting on was all the new pressure--to hang with the right crowd, wear the right clothes, and date the right guy. Just when it seems she's on top of the world, everything comes crashing down. Could one bad choice derail her future?

Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of more than two hundred books, including Just Another Girl, Anything but Normal, the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series. Visit Melody's website at http://www.melodycarlson.com/.

My thoughts:

Melody Carlson has always been my go-to author for great YA fiction, and Never Been Kissed was another fabulous example of her talent within this genre. I read this book from cover to cover in one sitting, and even though I'm a few years removed from the young adult period of my life, there was plenty in this short book to open my eyes to what teens are involved in today, particularly on the topic of sexting.

Melody's novels are always on the pulse of current teen issues and what's happening in high schools everywhere.  Never Been Kissed is just the kind of book that should be read by parents and teens alike.  My rating is 4 stars.

Southern?  No
Sass?  No

**Many thanks to Revell for providing a copy for review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)