Saturday, August 7, 2010

Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: Best of the Year So Far?

Faith and Fiction Saturday is a weekly discussion about the intersection of faith and fiction. .

Here's what Amy's asking today:

The year is a bit more than halfway over and it's time to start thinking about the best books we've read so far!

What has been your favorite faith driven book of the year and which book are you most looking forward to before 2010 closes out?

My answer:

So far, I'd have to say my favorite book of the year would be Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers. It's been sooooo long since Francine has written a full-length novel that I could barely contain myself when I knew this one was coming out this year. I have a review you can read here.

My other favorite novel of the year would have to be one I just read recently--Predator by Terri Blackstock. This is one of those novels that you tell everyone you know about because while it may be just another fiction tale, there is so much truth in this book. Just about everyone now is involved in social networking of some sort, and this book shows that you can never be too cautious. Trust me, it's not a book to miss. My review of it is here.

Before the year is out, I'm most anxious to read the sequel to Her Mother's Hope called Her Daughter's Dream. I'm pretty sure that when it arrives in my mailbox, whatever else I'm reading will be pushed to the side temporarily. I'd also like to get Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist read before the year's over, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)