Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays are hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Here are the rules:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 
Well, it's been AGES since I participated in this awesome meme, and hopefully, I can get back in the swing of things bringing you guys snippets of some great books.  :o)

This week, I'm featuring The Mark of Salvation by Carol Umberger.  This is book 3 in her Scottish Crown series, and let me just tell ya....these are some GREAT books!!  I don't typically venture out to read Scottish, Irish, or English history, but when I find some books that are great, I just can't seem to get enough of them.  That's what's happened with this series.  Obviously, I highly recommend all of them, even though I've only read the first 2 thus far.  :o)

Here's my teaser from page 37:

"She sobbed as she found the silver chain beneath John's surcoat.  Gently she lifted his head, removed the precious cross and wrapped her fingers tighty around it.  Orelia clung to it, held it to her own chest as she fought waves of despair and anger at John for leaving her like this."

Oh, I just can't wait for more!!  Be sure to visit MizB for lots more great teasers today!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)