Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Book Review: Deliver Us From Evil by Robin Caroll/4.5 Stars

About the book:

A beautiful, yet tough, woman working in a beautiful, yet tough, setting, Brannon Callahan is a search and rescue helicopter pilot for the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Strong faith and a decorated history of service have kept her one step ahead of on-the-job dangers, but there’s no precedent for what’s about to happen. After a blizzard takes down a small plane carrying U.S. Marshal Roark Holland (already haunted by a recent tragedy), Brannon must save him in more ways than one and safeguard the donor heart he’s transporting to a government witness on the edge of death. Otherwise the largest child trafficking ring in history—with shocking links from Thailand to Tennessee—will slip further away into darkness along the Appalachian Trail.

My thoughts:

I always get a thrill when I feel like I've stumbled upon a real gem in the vast collection of Christian fiction.  With so many books available that I could spend my time reading, I always appreciate it when I come across one that I will recommend over and over again.  Let me tell ya....Deliver Us From Evil was such a book.  The suspense was top-notch, the action intense, and the romance.....oh, the romance (giddy smile) took my breath away. 

I have to admit, though, that the beginning of the book was a little slow.  I could sense that the heart-pounding action was within my grasp, but it took a little longer than I wanted for it to arrive.  Once it did, it was all downhill from there.  :o)  I literally had to make myself put it down at midnight so I could get some sleep!

I have no doubt that I will be reading more of Robin's books in the future, including the rest of this series.  There was a little teaser at the end that leads right into the next book in the series, Fear No Evil.  Brannon's close friend, Lincoln, was one of my favorite characters in the book, and I'm anxious to see what will happen to him next

So in case you're still wondering whether or not you should try Robin's books for yourself, let me end the suspense for you right now....  Yes!!!  You should!  You should go to the store right away (or Amazon, or CBD, or some other online bookstore) and get a copy for yourself right now!  :o)  You'll have it read in no time flat, I promise you!

4.5 Stars

Southern?  Yes, set in my home state of Tennessee.  :o)
Sass?  No

**Many thanks to B&H Publishing for providing a copy for review.



7 comments:

  1. Hi! I've never read Christian Fiction before but I stumbled across your blog and you have me convinced. :) These books sound great! Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Connie!! I hope you'll find some new books to enjoy...starting with this one. It was a really great read. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really surprised by this author and how well she developed this book. I was white knuckling it when she was in the plane in a blizzard trying to get through to the hospital. The selling of the young women from Asia was a twist I was not expecting and really opened my eyes to that whole side of things. To say the least the book was hard to put down without just finishing it. I agree with you Christy, on this one too.

    By the way, you do a great job on this blog and in the authors you review. Please keep up the good work for us librarians who can't read them all!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks, Candace!! I try to keep up, but I don't think I will ever have enough time to read all the good books out there. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new look! I really liked this book too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo la la this sounds terrific! I'll admit I wasn't all that into suspense until last year when I read books by Irene Hannon, Ronie Kendig etc. I haven't read anything by Robin but it sounds like I should!

    Thanks so much for the review!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reveiw. Purchasing this from Amazon right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)