Friday, June 6, 2008

Look what happens when you unpack!!

Well, since Wednesday, my book/craft room has made a dramatic improvement! I can actually see the floor, and there are far less boxes in there! :o) I managed to unpack stuff that was still packed from when Alex and I moved last year into an apartment. Don't you just love it when you find something that you forgot you had? It makes me feel like I've just gone on a really good shopping trip, if you know what I mean.... :o) I think I managed to find all my art supplies that were just hidden away for the longest time. Makes me wanna break out the pencils, ink, and paper and get to drawing or something......hopefully, I'll have some time for that soon because I'm really itching to do it.

Unpacking is not all that I wanted to share with you in this post. Alex asked me to cook something for breakfast this morning so that he'd have something to take to work for a Bible study that he's part of. So, I got this recipe from my mother-in-law last night, and I was just praying it would be a success. I'm always a little nervous about cooking new things, especially when I'm not there to try it myself. Anyway, it was a Honey Bun Cake, and apparently, it was a hit! :o) Here's the recipe, if you're interested.....

Honey Bun Cake

Cake Mixture
1 box yellow cake mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs

Nut Mixture
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar

Glaze Mixture
3/4 cup milk
3 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 9' X 13' pan with Pam cooking spray. Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour half of cake mixture into pan. Mix nut mixture, and sprinkle 1/3 of it on top of cake mixture already in pan. Pour in remaining half of cake mixture. Sprinkle another 1/3 of nut mixture on top of cake mixture. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Upon removing from oven, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in top of cake. Mix glaze mixture together, then pour on top of cake and let it seep through the holes. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 mixture on top of glaze. Enjoy!!

Hopefully, there'll be at least one piece left that he can bring home to me because I really would like to try it! :o)

As far as books go, I'm in the middle of two right now--True Valor by Dee Henderson and Ruby Among Us by Tina Ann Forkner (which I mentioned in my last post). Both seem to be taking a lot of time to get into, in my opinion. I hope they'll pick up soon because I'm really struggling to keep reading them!!

1 comment:

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)