Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tryin' to make it through the days....

Let me just tell ya....things are busy for me!! Alex and I have moved into our new house (YEA!!!), and are still trying to get settled in. My craft/book room is still a mess, and hasn't even been completely unpacked yet, but it's getting there. Meanwhile, summer classes at school started a week ago, and I'm just trying to keep up! Not with school per se, but with school, the house, the dogs, my job, extra jobs (jewelry making and calligraphy and such), etc. Needless to say, I have been quite busy. :o)

In spite of everything, though, I've managed to read a few pretty good books. I've gotten caught up with Deeanne Gist's books (finished The Measure of a Lady and Courting Trouble a few weeks ago), and I enjoyed both of them immensely!! She's got a new book that just came out (Deep in the Heart of Trouble) that I can't wait to read. :o) In addition to those, I've also managed to read Let Them Eat Cake by Sandra Byrd and Split Ends by Kristin Billerbeck, both of which were also wonderful. Both of them are probably classified as chick lit, if I had to guess a genre. Thankfully, there will be a sequel released some time this summer for Let Them Eat Cake--that book was just TOO GOOD to not have a sequel so I can find out what happened to the main character!!!

Right now, I'm working on Ruby Among Us by Tina Ann Forkner. This book was just released a few weeks ago, and I have already come across some great reviews. I can't wait to finish it! :o)

1 comment:

  1. I see that you're into Christian fiction. If you'd like to learn more about how you can get review copies of many books from your favorite authors, email me at danielle@glassroadpr.com.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)