Monday, February 8, 2010

28-Day Orgainizing Challenge Week 1 Update

No pics to post this week, but I have made HUGE progress on organizing my craft room!! I'm slowly getting rid of some of the huge stacks of books that are in my room that were sent to me by my aunt. What she doesn't know is that I'm about to pawn off a large stack of things on her! HA! Hey, turn about is fair play. :o)

I'm also slowly emptying out some of the boxes that were in my closet, and a few that were in the room itself. A lot of them were filled with things that hadn't been unpacked since we moved into the house. So far, I've unpacked 10 total boxes, and I can now see the floor at the bottom of my closet! Woohoo!!!

One of my other goals this month was to actually move closer to finishing a quilt that I've been working on since hubby and I got married almost 8 years ago. I'm happy to report that I've almost finished the top itself, and will soon need to get the other stuff from the fabric store to finish it off. Hopefully, I can remember how to finish a quilt....I haven't made one since I was in high school, and that was over 10 years ago!

So, I'm gonna keep chugging away at everything. I'm so happy at the progress that I've already made. Since I don't have pics this week, it's hard for you to "see" what I mean, but trust me...it's looking good in that room! The bad news is that I haven't had much time for reading, much less for writing reviews in the past week, but that's not permanent, I assure you. :o) It's just that this room is my first priority this month, and I am so anxious to have it clean!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you're making progress!

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you! And excited for you. I know how good it feels to get things in order. And it is okay to "toot your own horn". Going through things and organizing is hard work sometimes, and it can get stressful depending on what you are deciding on keeping and getting rid of.
    I am looking forward to some photos. You should do some before and after if it is not too late to get the before one taken. Keep up the GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee~

    Me, too...I can't believe how much stuff I've managed to get rid of so far!

    Deborah~

    I posted some "before" photos last week because that room was REALLY bad before I got started! And just in the course of one week, there's been a drastic difference in appearance. I'm so excited!!! :o) Thanks for your encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Sounds like you are making some progress....good job! I finished my computer area, but haven't had much progress on the spare room!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)