Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh, the Joys of Painting....and Jury Duty?

Well, we're going full steam on the painting projects!  Hubby and I managed to finish the living room and hallway over the weekend (3-day weekends are perfect for these sort of projects).  Now, all that remains is painting the trim and doors....a necessary evil since we're switching over from an off-white trim to a white one.  Pictures are coming, I promise.  You just don't want to see them now, trust me (because my house looks like a fruit basket turnover).  :o)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend with their families.  We had a great church service and lunch with my in-laws yesterday.  The day was made complete when they said that we had a few pieces of mail at their house.  Guess what that means?  Yours truly has been called to jury duty.  Oh, what joy.  We actually had a running joke a few weeks ago that everyone had been summoned except me....looks like I should've kept my mouth shut.  :o)  Hubby got called a few months back, and has assured me that the first day is really no big deal. 

Have you gotten that lovely envelope requesting your presence?  And don't you wish that instead of a nice summons to jury duty, it was maybe....perhaps....an invite to the Royal Wedding or something else equally grand?  :o)  My hubby can't understand what all the fuss is about.  (Trust me, I gave him THE look.)  I said that we will probably never see anything so grand again in our lifetime.  Prince Charles and Diana got married while I was still in the womb, and hubby would've been about 1, so their wedding does not count at all.  It's just a matter now of figuring out how early I'll have to wake up in the morning to catch all the to-do.  I've even talked my co-workers into having some cake on Friday, too.  Hey, just because we're not there in person doesn't mean we can't have our own cake and eat it, too!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, men just don't get it do they?

    I've been enjoying all the royal wedding coverage. I remember getting up in the wee hours of the morning to watch Princess Di get married as a little girl. Those were the days before extensive coverage on cable. I missed it this morning but I'm spending the evening watching replays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about house projects! We have perpetual ones :) I sat Grand Jury for 6 months...actually enjoyed it as far as education went. Sure opens your eyes to things going on in your town that you might never know about. I stayed up all night to watch Diana & Charles get married (I was 18)! Didn't stay up this time to watch William & Catherine but watched clips and they are a beautiful couple.
    BTW- I enjoy your book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy~

    You're right...they don't. :o)

    I spent a few minutes one day watching the YouTube clips on Charles and Di getting married, but it seemed to be more stuffy than yesterday's wedding between Will and Kate. I woke up at 4am to watch the festivities...hubby couldn't understand the fuss about that, either. Oh, well...I still enjoyed it. :o)

    Anne~

    I have a co-worker that had to be on a grand jury, and she said it was very informative as well. Can't remember how long she spent on it, though.

    Thanks for the compliment, too! I've been enjoying your blog as well. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)