Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Southern and Sass

In an effort to better organize my blog, I am going to start adding a little ditty at the end of my reviews to help me further categorize my books:

Southern?
Sass?

I'm noticing lately that I'm coming across more books that are Southern in nature.  Mind you, I'm not complaining.  :o)  It seems that these books are very easy for me to relate to since I've lived here all my life.  It will also help me tie-in the name of my blog (which I've had for about 3 years now).  Hubby helped me come up with a snazzy profile name back then, and the blog name just morphed from that.  And now, it will further morph into a category for some of my book reviews - "Southern."  :o)

I also love a book with a good dose of sass to it.  I like it when I find an author who can really make me laugh, but at the same time, has characters that don't take any flak.  The "Sass" category will suit these books nicely, I think.

So, whad'ya think?  I've been stewing on this for a few weeks now, and just needed to finish getting all my thoughts together on it.  (It's not hard to find something to stew on when you're painting the house with all of your spare time.)  I'll slowly, but surely, begin to update my existing reviews with this new rating system, and I hope you'll feel free to browse around!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ruth! It'll take awhile to get it all organized, but I know I'll be very pleased with it in the end. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice place you have here, Christy. :)) Organization is something I strive for-- but, um, I'll leave it at that...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)