Friday, September 30, 2011

I Am In Love...

...with Pinterest.



Have you discovered this place yet?  (O...M...G....did I hear someone say no????)  :o)  It is *the* coolest thing I've seen online in a very long time.  For someone who always finds things and says, "Hey, I could do that!" or "I wish I had a place to keep that where I wouldn't forget it"...well, this is da place for you.

If you're not familiar with it, let me give you a brief 4-1-1.

First, you have a profile with all your stuff.  (Think of Facebook, but without the nosiness.)

Second, you create boards specifically designed to things you want to remember.  Some of mine are:
You can create whatever kind of board you want.  It's all about you.  :o)

Next, it's time to start pinning!  Yep, whatever you find a link for online, you can pin it.  This website has made it so you can always have a central location for all the great things you see online that you want to remember.  Personally, that's always been a problem of mine.  I'll jot down a link somewhere, or print a page off, and most times, I've lost it within a day.  Ridiculous, right?  Now, I don't have that problem.  Whee!!

You can also do something on there called "re-pin."  Basically, if you see something that someone else thought was *way cool,* you can re-pin it to one of your boards.  Everybody gets to share the love with all this snazzy stuff!

Now, I wish I was all sorts of tech-savvy so I could show you step by step how to make it all come together.  I'll leave that to the pros at Pinterest.  Yeah, it's a little bit confusing when you first start because it's a little like information overload, but rest assured, in no time you'll have seen an hour go by because you will not be able to drag yourself away. 

Seriously.

If you decide to try it out, I hope you'll look me up

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE pinterest, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Heading over to find you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this! I've been looking for something like this. My own physical board has too many pins on it already. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love Pinterest. I think it is a neat way to keep track of things you like. I just went over and became a follower of yours there too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently signed up for Pinterest but haven't figured it out yet. Funny though, because somehow a bunch of my friends found out I am on Pinterest and are now following me. What a boring person to follow - I have no pins yet! Ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie just signed up for it but I still wasn't understanding what exactly it was. Now I do, thanks to your post!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)