Thursday, December 1, 2011

Birthday Bash Day 4 with Special Guest Lori Copeland!


I am so happy that I have been able to spend this birthday week with so many friends, both old and new!  If you're new here to the Southern Sassy Things blog, let me take this moment to give you a warm welcome!  I hope you won't be a stranger now...  :o)

To keep this Birthday Bash going, I hope you'll give a great big howdy to today's guest--Lori Copeland!

***

If you could choose one place in the whole world to visit for your birthday, where would you want to go and why?

If I could go anywhere, I would choose Germany and a cruise along the Reine. My brother served in the army there, and that was his favorite thing to do.

You're the second person this week to want to go to Europe.  Vickie wants to go to Ireland.  :o)

Do you have any special memories of the year you turned 30?

The year I turned thirty I thought life was downhill from there. I discovered there was a lot of uphill left!

If you could only give one book to me for my birthday (not including your own), what book would I find underneath the wrapping paper?

If I could give you one book for your birthday it would be a copy of The Message. I hear the groans, but reading it would enhance anyone's life.

I have a Message Bible, and it is one of my favorite translations.  In some ways it feels like I'm reading a novel.

And the most important question of all... What’s your favorite flavor of birthday cake? :o)

My favorite cake......drumroll....... White Wedding Cake with tons of gooey icing! Someday, when I'm close to death, I'm going to eat at least all of a top layer!

YUM!!!!  Now, I know we all want some of that!!

***

Now, y'all don't shoot me, but....

I actually had a real version of Wedding Cake this week for my birthday...

with cream cheese icing...

and it was good, even though I know it all went straight to my hips!

(Believe me, I would've grabbed a piece for all my friends, too, if I knew it would've traveled well in the mail...and been fresh by the time it arrived!)

But alas, gotta carry on with today's "present"--a brand-new copy of Lost Melody by Lori and her author buddy, Virginia Smith!  Just like every day so far this week, simply fill out the form below to be entered in the giveaway.  We're getting close to the end of the week, and the days remaining to enter the contests are getting less and less!  All contests are open until Sunday, December 4th, and winner will be announced Monday, December 5th. US addresses only, please.


And if you've missed any of the earlier posts this week, then, you're about to get some homework!  Don't worry...if our homework was this easy growing up, we'd have all gotten straight A's!

Click here for Vickie McDonough's interview.
Click here for a post chock full of giveaways!
Click here for Ginger Garrent's interview.



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely week! Enjoying reading all the interviews. It's so cool when you can celebrate your birthday for a whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my daughter got married several years ago I wanted her to have a traditional "white" wedding cake. But I relented and let her have her way since she was very "non" traditional. She had a lovely chocolate cheesecake that was divine! Seriously! It was beautiful too! Anyway(let me wipe away the drool), great interview! I always love your questions and the authors responses.

    Happy Day 4 Birthday Celebration!
    Julie@ My only Vice

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Lori Copeland's work, truly, so enter me PLEASE!! And white wedding cake is one of my faves too ... along with red velvet. Oh, boo ... now you made me hungry!!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're definitely making me hungry! I must eat some cake today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an Italian friend who says her favorite is Italian Wedding Cake. I have collected a couple recipes for her and the ingredients look delicious together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post. I'm a big fan of Lori, especially since I had the blessing of meeting her in person. She's a delightful lady, and a good soul. One of my posts was about having coffee with her :-)

    Doris

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)