Thursday, May 27, 2010

Book Review: Love Finds You in Bridal Veil, Oregon by Miralee Ferrell


About the book:

Amidst a backdrop of thievery and murder in historic Bridal Veil, Oregon, a schoolteacher is torn between the memories of a distant love and the man who could be her future. Margaret Garvey had given her heart to Nathaniel, but he left town years before. Now shes giving love another chance, but her decision to build a new life with Andrew is shaken when Nathaniel steams back into Bridal Veil on a riverboat to work at the nearby sawmill. When disaster strikes the town and threatens the welfare of its citizens, Margaret will be faced with the most important choice of her life.

My thoughts:

Just like Miralee's first historical novel, her second venture into this genre does not disappoint at all! This book is rich with descriptions, and easily addictive. In fact, I found that after awhile, I simply couldn't put it down!

The agonizing grief that Margaret felt with the loss of her first love, and then, her father, is simply heartbreaking. That'd be enough to make me want to crawl in a hole somewhere and die, honestly. Instead, she perseveres, and moves on with her life, both with her job as a teacher and her budding relationship with Andrew.

While the romance scenes in the book are small in number, they were enough to steal my breath away! I truly had no idea which man Margaret would choose, even after going back in forth in my own mind with who the lucky fellow would be.

Probably the most interesting aspect of the whole book is tucked away at the very end. (Don't worry...this is not a spoiler.) Miralee shares what inspired her to write this book, most of it coming from her own family history. I imagine that makes this book even more special to her on a whole different level. Several things are scattered through the story that are actual historical events...although, I can't let the cat out of the bag on that one, or I really would be spoiling the story!

Yep, definitely another great book for Miralee, and another fantastic addition to the Love Finds You series! I can't wait to read what she comes out with next! :o)

4 Stars

**Many thanks to the author for providing a copy for review.

**Click here to purchase a copy of Love Finds You in Bridal Veil, Oregon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so tickled you enjoyed my book! Thank you for the lovely review. I think you're the first person to publicly comment on my author notes at the end. Yes, it was so awesome to discover my great-grandfather lived and worked in Bridal Veil during the era my book was set, and even better to get to write him into the plot as a strong secondary character.

    My next Love Finds You releases next Feb. 1st and is set in Tombstone, AZ, in 1881. I'm having a ball writing it with an old west theme!

    Blessings, Miralee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't know you were writing another LFY book....I'll be on the lookout for it next year! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)