Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Book Review: The Sheriff's Surrender by Susan Page Davis

About the book:

A Murder in Fergus, Idaho, has the Townswomen Scared...

Gert Dooley can shoot the tail feathers off a jay at a hundred yards from years of test-firing the guns her brother repairs. But long after giving up on marriage, she years for rancher Ethan Chapman to see she's more than a crack shot with a firearm. When murder strikes in the sleepy town, Gert forms the Ladies' Shooting Club to teach the women how to protect themselves, their families, and their businesses.

Ethan Chapman didn't ask to be named sheriff, but he accepts the position and takes on the investigation into the mysterious death of his predecessor. Now he's between a rock and a hard place--being pressured by the townswomen to restore order and safety to Fergus, and by the men who insist Ethan disband the upstart Ladies' Shooting Club.

When another person is murdered, Ethan must turn to Gert and her ladies to help in the investigation. But will Ethan, Gert, and the Ladies' Shooting Club find the murderer before he strikes again?

My thoughts:

This was such a fun book, and I enjoyed every second I spent reading it! From the front cover and the description, I knew that I would be reading a book along the lines of Mary Connealy or Kelly Eileen Hake, and I was exactly right. I loved the small, almost up-start town, all of the townspeople, and the mystery that lurked through the whole book. I also thought the storyline was very unique as I think this is the first book I've ever read full of a bunch of armed women ready to shoot some lead! I cannot wait to read more about this little town with its strange name (Fergus, Idaho), as well as more about the Ladies Shooting Club!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Christy, I'm southern now, too, having just moved to Kentucky, and a little sassy myself! Thank you so much for featuring my book. The second in the series (The Gunsmith's Gallantry) released yesterday, June 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    WOW, thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my review! I'm so glad you liked it! :o)

    Glad to know you're Southern now, too....ain't nuttin' better! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)