Thursday, December 16, 2010

Book Blogger Hop! (1)


First timer here on the Book Blogger Hop!  I'm hoping to meet some great new book friends today...maybe find a few books recommendations, too.  :o)  If you're at my blog for the first time, I am a voracious reader of Christian fiction.  Occasionally, I will toss in someone's memoir if it's one I'm really interested in.  But...it's mostly Christian fiction.  My desire is to read uplifting stories that share God's love, and any genre will do as there's plenty to choose from.  If you'd like to check out some of my reviews, here's a couple of links to some of the books I've reviewed lately, and who knows...you may find something you just hafta read!  :o)

Review of Plain Paradise by Beth Wiseman (Amish fiction)

Review of Menu for Romance by Kaye Dacus (Christian romance)

Review of For Time and Eternity by Allison Pittman (Christian historical fiction)

OH!  And to answer the question on the Crazy for Books blog this Friday....

What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?


Hmmm...that's a tough one because each one relies on the other.  If I can only choose one, I would have to say the characters.  If the plot is one that feels recycled, I can tolerate that, but if I cannot connect with the characters, then there's a big chance it'll be a DNF book.

Wanna join in on the Hop?  Then, head on over to Crazy for Books!  :o)

5 comments:

  1. Hi new follower, Stopping by to wish you a Happy Holiday.

    My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to say Hi! In the end I choose plot, but went back and forth about seven times. By the end of the hop I might change my mind again… Stop by and say hi when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by on the Hop. I have put your blog in my sidebar -- great content. I agree with your philosophy :). -- Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been visiting other participants on the Hop and everyone seems to answer the same. I agree. They are both equally important.

    I enjoy your blog and hope to be reading your future posts. I was glad to find another Christian fiction fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by from the blog hop.

    Lots of good answers to this week's tough question.

    Stop by my blog to see my answer to this week's question.

    Also check out a design site I found...pretty neat home decorating ideas...it is in the right side panel on my blog.


    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)