Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday Hodge Podge


Wednesday Hodge Podge is weekly meme from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.  First time for me.  ;o)

1. Have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? How about the warm weather version-a carriage ride?
No, never been on a sleigh ride, but I would love to go on one!  We don't get a lot of snow in my area, so I'd probably have to go up north for the opportunity.  :o)  I went on a carriage ride once when I was in high school.  Nice experience, but way over-priced.

2. What's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? Do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? Do you delete the sender from your contact list or just go ahead and send the love onward?
I delete them every single time.  I've even told the senders that I don't read them, but it doesn't stop them from showing up in my inbox.  I think deleting the sender from my contact list is a little extreme, especially if they send other things to me that I'd like to know about. 

3. Who is your favorite character in any of the Christmas movies and why? 
Lately, it's been Joseph's character from The Nativity Story.  I do not think they could've cast anyone better for this movie because the way he shows his love and care to Mary takes my breath away.  Here's a clip from the movie that I love, and if you haven't seen the movie yet, I highly recommend that you do!



4. Share a favorite quote.
Shoot for the moon. If you miss it, you will land among the stars. 

5. What's your favorite holiday scent?
Oh, there's a lot to choose from!  This year, I have a particular fascination with cinnamon scents.  :o)

6. Does the Christmas season stress you out? In what way?
Sometimes it does, so I really have to watch myself that I don't get frustrated!  It seems like everyone's REAL personality comes out during the holidays, so I remind myself to just go with the flow.  :o)  Last year was particularly stressful for me because my aunt was planning a wedding for Christmas Eve, and she decided to sign me up to help!  Oh, and to be the maid of honor!  What a crazy day that was...not only because of the wedding, but because of the car accident I had on the way.  You can read more about that here.

7. What's the best thing about your life right now?
That this case of pinkeye I've had this week will not last forever!  I'm on the downhill slide of recovery, I think.  :o)

8. Insert your own random thought here.
It won't be long until the Inspy Award winners will be announced, so stay tuned to find out which author won for the Amish fiction category...there were some really great books nominated!


2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you weren't injured...weddings are already pretty stressful without adding an accident to the mix.

    Welcome to the Hodgepodge! Glad you played along : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat! Totally on board with cinnamon!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)