Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays are hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Here are the rules:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser this week comes from page 75 of If Only You Knew by Mags Storey.

"Now the problem with flirting is it involves being kind of...well...subtle. You end up making these little half-statements and hoping the other person is able to read between the lines and catch on to what you are actually trying to say. So, as I went around showing Kevin the rest of the store--looking at the terrifyingly filthy toilet, and the small back room that looked like a hurricane had sweept through it--I was having a really hard time telling if he was actually interested in me, or just naturally slightly incoherent."

7 comments:

  1. Such a CUTE teaser! Love it. Though I think flirting can definitely be un-subtle and still effective. :)

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christy ~

    I've been seeing this book everywhere, but haven't really paid attention to what it was about. I'm one of those people who DO judge a book by it's cover! This cover would never draw my attention ~ it looks like it would be very boring. However, after reading your Teaser, and following the link to Amazon ~ I'm going to add it to my WL. Thank you so much for opening my eyes to yet another WL book! LOL

    BTW, you should head over to Renee's blog...she's talking about you! I stood up for you though. hahaha

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Lori

    Here's the link to my Teaser:

    http://sugarandgrits.blogspot.com/2009/09/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet teaser. Sounds like a fun book. My teaser is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/puzzle-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean the "filthy toilet" didn't catch his attention either? I don't know what to think of him.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/09/triumph-of-deborah-by-eva-etzioni.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your teaser. I was never good at flirting. I would imagine it would be hard if you were trying to show someone around the office/home and the place was in a disaster state.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)