Monday, October 4, 2010

The Inspy Shortlist for Amish Fiction!




In case you haven't heard, the short-lists were recently announced for the Inspy Awards.  I, for one, think that all the categories have some pretty good stuff going for 'em.  I can't wait to get started on the category I was chosen to judge:  Amish fiction.  :o)

(In my best Academy Award presenter voice...)  Here are the nominees for Amish Fiction for the 2010 Inspy Awards:

Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio by Annalisa Daughety, Summerside Press, 1st September, 2009

An Honest Love by Kathleen Fuller, Thomas Nelson, 16th March, 2010

Winter’s Awakening by Shelley Shepard Gray, Avon Inspire, 1st February, 2010

Anna’s Return by Marta Perry, Berkley, 1st June, 2010

Plain Paradise by Beth Wiseman, Thomas Nelson, 30th March, 2010

Now, I'm a HUGE fan of Amish fiction, but would you believe I've not read even ONE of these books?!?!?  Wow, I must really be behind.  :o)  All of these authors are new to me except for Shelley Shepard Gray (I've read two of her books so far) and Annalisa Daughety (I've read Love is a Battlefield by her), so I can't wait to see what's in store from Kathleen Fuller, Marta Perry, and Beth Wiseman.

The winners are set to be announced on December 13th.

3 comments:

  1. It was like that for me in my category too. I hadn't read any of the romances, even though Christian romance is just about all I read. I did have one of the books on my shelf though, I just hadn't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Joy...I guess we're in the same boat! :o) I have all the books for my category except for one, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to get it from the publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm excited about this. I believe they've picked some fantastic judges, like you, Joy & Rel and I can't wait to see what wins :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)