Saturday, October 9, 2010

Read-a-thon: Hour 12

Title of book(s) read since last update: Over the Waters by Deborah Raney
Number of books read since you started: 2
Pages read since last update: 325
Running total of pages read since you started: 610
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 4 hours, 45 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 9 hours, 45 minutes

Mini-Event Survey.....

1. What are you reading right now? Just finished one book, not sure what I'll pick up next yet.
2. How many books have you read so far? Only 2...sigh.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Some that are shorter!  :o)
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?  Thankfully, no.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Nope, no interruptions.  Hubby has slept all day b/c he stayed up all night, so the house has been very quiet, thankfully.  :o)  Then again, he just woke up, so I can't say what the rest of the day holds as far as noise goes.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The biggest surprise I had last year when I participated was how quickly I got sleepy!  I'm not used to waking up so early on the weekends, and I didn't mentally prepare myself to deal with such low energy.  But this year, I've been better prepared mentally.  I'm expecting that I'll last longer than I did last year, for sure!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? The setup that's being used now seems perfect.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Nothing I can think of.
9. Are you getting tired yet?  Not really, thankfully.  Hubby will be going to Wally World soon for caffeine, as well as a trip to Mickey D's...so my energy burst will be coming around soon.  :o)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?  Just a suggestion that I came across last year:  read a short book first.  I completely forgot that this year, and spent a lot of the morning reading a longer book, and almost got discouraged before I really got started.  So, now that I've read 610 pages so far today, I'm about to start on the shorter books so I can at least try to reach my personal 5-book goal for the read-a-thon.

2 comments:

  1. I was falling asleep within the first hour, and I'm a morning person! I've managed to stay fairly alert though.
    I hope your husband recovers well and you get to enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 books is one more than I've done. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)