Friday, April 6, 2012

Cover Attraction: The Ride of Her Life by Lorna Seilstad

I have LOVED both novels that Lorna has written in the past couple of years (see here and here), so it's only fitting that a Cover Attraction post spotlight her newest book releasing just in time for summer.  Isn't that cover just so much fun?!  :o)  I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Title:  The Ride of Her Life
Author:  Lorna Seilstad
Release Date:  May 1, 2012
Publisher:  Revell

About the book:

The only man pragmatic Lilly Hart needs in her life is a six year old. Widowed two years ago, Lilly leaves the shelter of her intrusive in-laws' home to stand on her own and provide for her young son by working for the summer as a cook at Lake Manawa. However, her in-laws find that life utterly unsuitable for their grandson, and when a row ensues, a handsome stranger--who designs roller coasters, of all things--intercedes on her behalf. Still, Lilly is not about to get involved with any man, especially this cocky (though charismatic) gentleman. Little does she know she is about to begin the ride of her life.

Filled with delightful characters and the romance of summer, The Ride of Her Life is another supremely entertaining story from the witty Lorna Seilstad. Readers will laugh out loud and sigh contentedly as they spend the summer of 1906 in Lake Manawa.

8 comments:

  1. I love this cover and I can't WAIT to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of Lorna's books have been great reads, ya know? :o)

      Delete
  2. I agree Casey, this cover just catches your eye and pulls you to it. It sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. The look on her face is what catches my eye!

      Delete
  3. Adorable!
    I would love to have visited one of the early amusement parks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, what a treat to find The Ride of Her Life on your Cover Attraction! Thank you for your kind words, too. I can't wait for this one to hit the shelves. I'm now working on a new series with the first book due June 1. It's fun, too, but it was hard to leave Lake Manawa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cover!! Love it! I have Lorna's two novels but still have to read them! YIKES - I am so behind on my novel-reading! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one I'm really anxious to read, and I haven't even read the others in the series yet! Ack! Too many books, too little time!

    I have to agree with everyone else that the cover on this book is simply awesome. It makes me want to read it so bad, and the synopsis looks good too. I'm anxious to get a chance to check out the Lake Manawa series, I just need to bump them up a bit higher on my "to-be-read" list!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!! They make me happier than cold sweet tea on a hot summer day! :o)